《遗愿清单》(The Bucket List)是由导演罗伯·雷恩拍摄的并于2007年上映的美国电影。电影讲述两个患了末期癌症的病人如何面对癌症为他们带来的“死刑”,及他们在余下的日子里如何度过丰盛和欢乐的人生的故事。人生,就是由一个遗憾、再一个遗憾累加组合而成的,当你最终即将面对死亡的时候,就会发现这一生中,有太多值得尝试的事情,却被你无情地错过了……
I'll do what I can.
我会尽力的。
2. You know, I could stay a while if you want me to.
如果你需要,我可以再多陪你一会。
3. As something of a public health expert, I believe more people die from visitors than diseases.
作为一名公众健康专家,我认为被探望者烦死的人远比病死的多。
4. Kiss my ass.
吃屎去吧。
5. Makes me feel like victory!
让我感觉像个胜利者!
6. Hard to do them both at the same time.
鱼和熊掌不可兼得啊。
7. Well, nobody's perfect.
人无完人嘛!
8. I always meant to go back, but 45 years goes by pretty fast. Like smoke through a keyhole.
我一直想回去,但45年一晃就过去了。如白驹过隙。
9. And I don't wanna get your hopes up.
我不想给你一些无谓的希望。
10. There was a survey once, a thousand people were asked if they could know in advance, would they want to know the exact day of their death. Ninety-six percent of them said no. I always kind of leaned toward the other 4 percent. I thought it would be liberating knowing how much time you had left to work with. It turns out, it's not.
曾经有这么个调查,有一千个人被问到,若有可能事先获悉,想不想知道自己确切的死亡时间?96%的人选择了不想。我总觉得自己属于另外的4%。如果能知道自己的生命还剩多少,我觉得这其实是一种解脱。但事实证明,我不属于那4%。
11. We're pretty much out of options.
基本上我们已别无选择。
12. Laugh until I cry.
笑到流泪。
13. I would argue the exact opposite. We could do this. We should do this.
我的看法与你正好相反。我们能完成这些事,也应该去完成。
14. -I don't expect you to understand.
-You're damn right I don't understand. I don't understand how you can just give up like this. How you can just quit. Quit fighting. See what they say when they find out you've given up on them.
-我不指望你能理解。
-你说对了,我还真不理解。我不明白你怎么就这样放弃了呢?你怎么就这样放弃…放弃努力?要是知道你就这样放弃他们。他们会怎么说?
15. I think I've earned some time for myself.
我想也该给自己一些时间了。
16. You're a fool who thinks he's figured out a way how not to have cancer.
你是个自欺欺人的傻子。
17. She never backed me up on anything.
她从没支持过我干任何事。
18. Tommy, we live to die another day.
汤米,人活着就为了在某天死去。
19. I don't even have to be there.
我不会在旁边陪着你的。
20. -You sure we're cleared for this?
-Of course we're cleared for it. What if we weren't?
-Just checking.
-我们这样没问题吧?
-当然没问题,有问题又怎样?
-我只是问问.
21. You can run, but you cannot hide!
跑到天涯海角,也逃不出我的掌心!
22. -So you think a being of some sort did all this?
-You don't?
-You mean, do I believe if I look up in the sky and promise this or that. No, the Biggie will make all this go away?
-Then 95 percent of the people on Earth are wrong?
-If life has taught me anything, it's that 95 percent of the people are always wrong.
-你相信这一切都是某只大手创造的?
-你不相信么?
-相信的意思是不是说:当我抬起头望着天,发着这样那样的誓言,上苍就会帮我度过难关?我不相信那个。
-要这么说,地球上95%的人都错了?
-人生的阅历告诉我:95%的人总是错的。
23. -What if you're wrong?
-I'd love to be wrong. If I'm wrong, I win.
-I'm not sure it works that way.
-如果你错了怎么办?
-我倒宁愿我错了。如果错的是我,我就赢了(暗指上天堂)。
-那可不一定哦。
24. Make a long story short.
长话短说吧。
25. Turnabout is fair play.
接了招就该还击。
26. I believe you learned that from the master.
这就是名师出高徒啊。
27. Now, I'm prepared for my husband to die. I'm just not prepared to lose him while he's still alive.
现在我丈夫也要走了,这一点我能接受。但我不能接受的是 在他还活着的时候就失去他。
28. You're strong, but you're not that strong.
你确实很厉害,但还没厉害到那个程度。
29. After Rachel left for college, there was a hole. I mean, you know, no more homework, no more Little League, recitals, school plays, kids crying, fights, skinned knees. And for the first time in 40 years, I looked at Virginia, without all of the noise, without all of the distractions and I couldn't remember what it felt like. When I could not walk down the street without holding her hand. I mean, she was the same woman I fell in love with, she hadn't changed. But somehow everything was different. We'd lost something along the way. You know?
自从瑞秋离开家去上大学,生活一下子就空出了许多。再也没有作业,没有家人对抗赛,没有文艺演出,学校活动,不再有孩子的哭闹,没有吵架,也没有嬉戏时擦碰的伤口…过了40年,第一次有了时间能与维吉尼亚静静相对,远离一切喧嚣,抛却所有烦扰、但此时的我却再也找不回当初的那份感觉,当年拉着她的手走过街头,心中的那种感受已不再有。当然,她还是当初我爱的那个她,并没有改变过,但这世界却改变了。一起走了那么久,才发现有些东西已经一去不复返了。你明白么?
30. I don't know, I don't think about how other people gauge
我不知道,不知别人心里是怎么想的。